You can import a donation through the Import tool as an interaction. This means that the donation data that you import will show up both under Profiles > Advocacy > Donations and it will show up in the Activity timeline in profile. Once imported, you can segment down on this donation data by going to Segments > Interaction > Donation.
Step One: Format your file
To import donations in Crowdskout, first, make sure that your CSV is formatted correctly to import. There are five fields that can be imported for a donation:
- Donation Collection Date -- this needs to be formatted in numeric form such as ##/##/####
- Donation Amount in USD -- this needs to be a raw number without dollar signs or commas
- Donation Payment Method -- this can be one of the following: Cash, Check, Credit Card, Bank Transfer, Stock, In-Kind
- Donation Collection Method -- this can be one of the following: Online, In Person, At Event, Over Phone, By Mail
- Donation Recurring -- this can be one of the following: Unknown, Yes, No
**Note: All donations imported through the Import Tool will be imported as a donation to the Crowdskout account name. For example: if an account’s name is “Dolly Madison for America” and an import is done of donations to that account, those donations would show up as a donation to “Dolley Madison for America” in both profiles and in segmenting.**
Step Two: Map your CSV into the Import Tool
Once you have finished formatting your file, save it as a CSV and drag/drop your CSV to the import tool. Map the file and when you come to the columns with donation information select from the drop-down menu under Advocacy > Donations. See screenshot for where in the drop-down Advocacy is:
Once you’ve finished mapping out your CSV, proceed with inspecting, processing, and importing the file.
Once your file has imported, each donation will show up in the Activity Timeline in a profile and under the Advocacy tab. This is what the interaction will look like in a user's Activity Timeline: