To import Advocacy Contact in Crowdskout, first, make sure that your CSV is formatted correctly to import. These are the fields that can be imported for Advocacy Contact:
- Advocacy Contact Organization -- The title/name of your organization conducting the effort/campaign
- Advocacy Contact Legislator -- Open text field
- Advocacy Contact Issue -- The contact issue (reason why you're contacting your legislator etc.)
- Advocacy Contact Specific Issue -- Open text field
- Advocacy Contact Position -- Open text field
- Advocacy Contact Method -- Email, Letter, Twitter, etc.
- Advocacy Contact Service -- Crowdskout Advocacy
- Advocacy Contact Effort -- The effort name (campaign name)
Example CSV format:
Step 2: Once you have finished formatting your file, save it as a CSV and drag/drop your CSV to the import tool. Map each column to each field in the Import Tool and when you come to the columns with advocacy contact, select from the drop-down menu under Activity > Advocacy Contact.
Type Advocacy Contact to get the mapping options:
Crowdskout will auto-populate with the fields you have in your file.
Fill in the required fields and you're ready to import!
Once you’ve finished mapping out your CSV, proceed with inspecting, processing, and importing the file.
Once your file has imported, the Advocacy Contact information will show up under the activity timeline of a profile like so: