Step 1: Properly format your CSV to include the following information.
- Date Submitted -- this needs to be formatted in numeric form such as ##/##/#### and time ##:##
- Submission Collector -- this is a custom text field which is meant to be the name of the person who collected the form information
- Form -- this can be the name of the form as a custom text field
- Form Type -- you can choose the form type from the following: Form, Petition, Quiz, or Survey
- Questions & Answers -- single select standard field questions
- Submission Collection Method -- you can choose the collection method from the following: At Event, By Mail, During Daytrip, In Person, Online, or Over Phone
Once you have finished formatting your file, save it as a CSV and drag/drop your CSV to the import tool. Map each column to each field in the Import Tool and when you come to the columns with submission information, select from the drop-down menu under Activity > Submissions.
Click on the Submissions folder to get these mapping fields:
Add a global column to any form submission field that applies to the entire import. For example, if your entire file has a "Date Submitted" column as "January 9, 2018" you can apply that date to the entire file. Click "Make Global Value" as seen here and add the date submitted in the next column.
Type the Date Submitted in the next column to apply the global column:
When importing Questions & Answers, you can map your single-select standard field questions like so:
Scroll down to add more Questions & Answers:
You can only import single-select standard field questions. As in, you can only import values with a single answer -- not multiple values such as a checkbox value.
Once you’ve finished mapping out your CSV, proceed with inspecting, processing, and importing the file.
After your file has been imported, each form submission will show up in the Activity Timeline in a profile.
You can segment on your form by going to Audience > Activity > Form > Form Name