You can import voter registration information through the Import tool. Once imported, you can segment down on voter registration information by going to Audience > Segments > Civic > Registered Voter.
To import voter registration collection information in Crowdskout, first, make sure that your CSV is formatted correctly to import. As a reminder, profiles are matched on the field State Voter ID. If a profile matches with another because of State Voter ID, the newest data will be shown in the Voter Registration collection and the older data will be wiped out. You should always think of voter registration as a collection which means that all the following go together and aren't independent data fields. These are the fields that can be imported for the voter registration collection:
- Registered -- the value for this field should be either "Yes," "No," or "Unknown"
- State Voter ID -- this is a custom text field that should be the state voter ID of the profile. As a reminder, profiles are matched on state voter ID.
- County Voter ID -- this is a custom text field that should be the county voter ID of the profile. As a reminder, profiles are NOT matched on county voter ID.
- Voter Registration Date -- this needs to be formatted in numeric form such as ##/##/####
- Party -- the value for this field should be one of the following: Unknown, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Green, Constitution, Independent, Other, Reform, Other Liberal, Independence Party of America, Unaffiliated, Conservative Party, Liberal Party, Marijuana Reform Party, Rent is Too Damn High Party, New York State Right to Live Party, Women's Equality Party, Working Families Party, Freedom Party, Stop Common Core, Socialist Workers Party, or Right to Life
- State Registered -- this should be the state that the profile is registered
- County Registered -- this should be the county that the profile is registered
- Voter Status -- the value for this field should be either "Inactive," "Unknown," or "Active
Once you have finished formatting your file, save it as a CSV and drag/drop your CSV to the import tool. Map each column to each field in the Import Tool and when you come to the columns with voter registration information, select from the drop-down menu under Activity > Voter Registration.
Click on the Voter Registrations folder to get the mapping options:
Once you’ve finished mapping out your CSV, proceed with inspecting, processing, and importing the file.
After your file has imported, the voter registration information will show up in the Civic tab under the Voter Registration collection.
Additional information on how to import vote history
How to format your CSV for Vote History