You can import video plays through the Import tool as an activity. Once imported, you can segment down on text messages data by going to Audience > Segments > Activity > Video Play.
Step 1: To import video plays in Crowdskout, first, make sure that your CSV is formatted correctly to import. There are seven fields that can be imported for a video play:
- Date Watched -- this needs to be formatted in numeric form such as ##/##/####
- Video Service -- this is a custom text field that should have the name of the video service
- Video Title -- this is a custom text field that should have the title of the video
- Video URL -- this is a custom text field that should have the URL of the video that was viewed
- Video Start Time -- this should be formatted in numeric form in seconds
- Video Stop Time -- this should be formatted in numeric form in seconds
- Video Duration Time -- this should be formatted in numeric form in second
Once you have finished formatting your file, save it as a CSV and drag/drop your CSV to the import tool. Map each column to each field in the Import Tool and when you come to the columns with video play information, select from the drop-down menu under Activity > Video Play.
Click on the Video Plays folder to get these mapping options:
Add a global column to any video call field that applies to the entire import. For example, if your entire file has a "Video Title" as "ABCD Video" you can apply that title to the entire file. Click "Make Global Value" as seen here and add the title of your video in the next column.
Once you’ve finished mapping out your CSV, proceed with inspecting, processing, and importing the file.
Once your file has imported, each video play will show up in the Activity timeline in a profile.