You can import direct mail sends through the Import tool as an activity. Once imported, you can segment down on direct mail send data by going to Audience > Activity > Direct Mail.
Step 1: To import direct mail sends in Crowdskout, first, make sure that your CSV is formatted correctly to import. There are five fields that can be imported for a direct mail send:
- Date Mailed -- this needs to be formatted in numeric form such as ##/##/####
- Direct Mailing Name -- this is a custom text field and should have the name of the mailing
- Direct Mail Solicitation Code -- this is a custom text and, if applicable, should have the solicitation code associated with the mailing
- Direct Mail Address -- this is a custom text field and should include the address of the person that was mailed
- Direct Mailer Type -- this is a custom text field and should include the type of mailer that was sent (i.e. invitation, postcard, fundraising letter, etc.)
Once you have finished formatting your file, save it as a CSV and drag/drop your CSV to the import tool. Map each column to each field in the Import Tool and when you come to the columns with direct mail information, select from the drop-down menu under Activity > Direct Mail.
Click on the Direct Mails folder to get these mapping fields:
Add a global column to any direct mail field that applies to the entire import. For example, if your entire file has a "Direct Mailing Name" as "Crowdskout Mailing" you can apply that name to the entire file. Click "Make Global Value" as seen here and add the Direct Mailing Name in the next column.
Once you’ve finished mapping out your CSV, proceed with inspecting, processing, and importing the file.
Once your file has imported, each direct mail will show up in the Activity timeline in a profile.