To import knocks in Crowdskout, first, make sure that your CSV is formatted correctly to import. There are five fields that can be imported for a knock:
- Date Knocked -- this needs to be formatted in numeric form such as ##/##/####
- Knock Volunteer -- this is a custom text field and can have anything in it
- Knock Survey -- this is a custom text field and can have anything in it
- Knock Daytrip -- this should be the name of your canvassing effort. This is a custom text field and can have anything as the name
- Knock Status - the values for this can be either "Completed," "Not Home," or "Refused
Once you have finished formatting your file, save it as a CSV and drag/drop your CSV to the import tool. Map each column to each field in the Import Tool and when you come to the columns with knock information, select from the drop-down menu under Activity > Knock.
Click on the Knocks folder to get these mapping options:
Add a global column to any event attendance field that applies to the entire import. For example, if your entire file has a "Knock Status" as "Completed" you can apply that status to the entire file. Click "Make Global Value" as seen here and add the Knock Status in the next column.
Mark the Knock Status in the next column:
Once you’ve finished mapping out your CSV, proceed with inspecting, processing, and importing the file.
Once your file has imported, each knock will show up in the Activity timeline in a profile.